Breaking News

McGregor mocks Masvidal’s desperate plea for attention at UFC 246: ‘God loves a trier’ | Trendsmedia.

UFC 246: McGregor v Cowboy Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images

“It wasn’t a good night for Jorge if you ask me. All the best to him. God loves a trier.”

Conor McGregor isn’t sure what Jorge Masvidal was thinking at UFC 246.

If wearing the same Versace robe that McGregor wore in the lead-up to the Floyd Mayweather bout was Masvidal’s way of getting ‘The Notorious’s’ attention, ‘Gamebred’ failed spectacularly.

With that said, McGregor is still very much interested in a welterweight match-up with Masvidal following his first-round TKO of Donald Cerrone in the UFC 246 main event last night at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena.

“Talk about blowing it,” McGregor said at the UFC 246 post-fight press conference, per MMA Fighting. “If you ask me, that was ridiculous. I don’t know what was going on there. The old ladies in Ireland wear the house coats watching soap operas.

“So I’m like what’s this guy sitting there? I don’t know, whatever, all the best. I know what it is [wearing the same robe]. Why? I don’t know either. I’m just whatever. I don’t know.”

“Of course [I would fight him], let’s see what happens. I’d like to scoop up — that’s not a great belt is it? But I’ll still take it. Add it to the list.”

“It wasn’t a good night for Jorge if you ask me,” McGregor added. “All the best to him. God loves a trier.”

Masvidal might very well have McGregor in his crosshairs but the ex-Miami-based street fighter is also interested in a potential title fight against Kamaru Usman, who recently defended his welterweight title by disposing of Colby Covington at UFC 245. Masvidal is on a three-fight KO streak and considered one of the biggest stars in the promotion, but McGregor holds all the cards after his masterclass performance on Saturday night.


Credit to BloodyElbow

No comments